1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with cancer every year. In fact, 20% of us (1 in 5) will one day die of cancer.
A new report out by the EWG and the President’s Cancer Panel covers how environmental toxins play a significant role in causing cancer and what you can do to minimize your exposure to cancer-causing agents.
In fact, the article states that the “EWG’s own research has found that children are born ‘pre-polluted’ with nearly 300 industrial chemicals, pesticides and contaminants that have been found to cause cancer in lab studies or in people.”
I have listed the high-level items from the article below, but please refer to the EWG’s article, “Tip 13: EWG’s Cancer Prevention Tips” for more details on each numbered item below:
1. Filter your tap water.
2. Seal outdoor wooden decks and play sets.
3. Cut down on stain- and grease-proofing chemicals.
4. Stay safe in the sun. [See PureBebe's recent post on "Don't get Burned by Unsafe Sunscreens"]
5. Cut down on fatty meat and high-fat dairy products.
6. Eat EWG’s Clean 15 fruits and veggies. [See PureBebe's recent post "Are You What You Eat" for Clean 15 & the Dirty Dozen details]
7. Cut your exposures to BPA. [See PureBebe's recent post "Just Say No to BPA"]
8. Avoid carcinogens in cosmetics.
9. Read Product warnings.
You Might Also Like: